Monday, December 30, 2013

The 2013 MommyWantsVodka Meme!

1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
I enrolled in a 401k at work! (Also, how lame am I that this was my first answer to this question?)

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My New Year’s resolution is the same every year; to be a good mother to Caden. Only time will tell if I have irrevocably fucked the kid up, but he seems to be doing just fine for now.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not anyone I’m particularly close to. Plenty of people I know on Facebook, though. My timeline this year looked like a brag book for an obstetrician.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
I can’t say I was particularly close to him, but my grandma’s ex-husband (my aunts' father) died this year. He was always nice to me, and I was very sad for my aunts.

5. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
An apartment that doesn’t have a ghetto couple screaming at odd hours on one side and a drug dealer on the other with pot-smoking loafers down the hall.

6. What countries did you visit?
The United States of You’re an Asshole for Reminding Me That I’m Too Broke to Travel.

7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
I’m going to skip this one.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Probably not killing anyone. 2013 was kind of a shitty year, and I’m quite happy it’s almost over.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Why the fuck is this meme so depressing? All of 2013 was pretty much fucked.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Um, not really, I don’t think I was ill at all in 2013. 2012 saw my first kidney stone and an abscessed tooth, though.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A skirt for $0.97 that was originally $43. And is totally adorable.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My son - for being an incredibly hilarious and tough little cookie. He dealt with so much crap this year, and he’s still an amazing, sweet, affectionate little love.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Some of my family members’ behavior. I reiterate - 2013 was full of fuckery. I really hope 2014 sees a better year for everyone.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills. Always bills. Y U SO DEPRESSING, MEME?!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Apartment hunting. Fuck I’m old.

16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
There are a few that I think will always stir up memories from this year. My mind has very powerful associations with things like that. A song can make me re-live things.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?  Happier.

ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter. (I read that word in the Dylan/Cole Sprouse voice from Big Daddy.)

iii. richer or poorer? Depends on your definition. Fiscally, I’m better off, though not necessarily richer.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Being more confident in myself. Giving my feelings validity instead of discrediting my gut instincts.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Second-guessing myself and my feelings.

20. How will you be did you spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas Eve with Caden at my aunt’s house for a late lunch and then brought Caden to church. We went home and snuggled together and watched The Polar Express. Christmas Day we opened his gifts then hung around for a while until it was time to go to my parents’ for dinner. Afterward, we brought him to his dad so he could spend the remainder of Christmas vacation with him.

21. Why does the term “designer drugs” conjure up an image of a bunch of pills hanging out wearing tiny Chanel and Prada clothing and snappy accessories?
It doesn’t for me, but Vicodin always conjures up images of my beloved Aunt Becky. Even though Vicodin is too suburban.

22. Did you fall in love in 2013?
I fall in love with Aaron all the time. 2013 was no exception to this.

23. How many one-night stands?
None. I’ve never had one in my life.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Game of Thrones. WHERE IS THE GOD OF TITS AND WINE?

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
There are certainly people that I wouldn't feel horribly overwhelmed with grief if they happened to be mauled  and consumed by a bear, shit into a stream, eaten by fish, then massacred by sharks. But hate? Hate is a strong word.

26. What was the best book you read?
I haven’t really read any new books that I can recall this year, except for caving in to purchase, ‘Breakfast At Tiffany’s’ to see how it compared to the movie. I was delightfully surprised.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I re-discovered a love for Pink. Walk of Shame and Slut Like You are both amazing songs.

28. What did you want and get?
Uh, shoes? I think that’s a safe bet as I generally tend to be a shoewhore. Too bad living in Wisconsin renders my adorable shoes useless 9 months out of the year. This weather has been fucktacular.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don’t think I obsessed over a particular film this year the way I have in the past – where I watch it over and over again… But getting to see Desolation of Smaug in theatres was pretty epic.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I worked and then I went out for dinner with Aaron and Caden. I turned 28 this year.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having had the capacity to move out of Rape Me Stab Me Murder Me-Ville sooner.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Shoes.

34. What kept you sane?
My son, without question. He is what keeps me grounded when I’d rather surrender myself to the chaos within.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I have developed a deeper appreciation for Jon Stewart.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Pshaw, politics. I don’t mess with that shit. It’s all a rather stunted game of who can lick balls the best.

37. Who did you miss?
George Carlin.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
I don’t know if I really met anyone this year that would qualify to be listed as the ‘best new person I’ve met’.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:
It’s a lesson I always tend to forget; to allow myself to have a voice.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“If you speak, you’ll only piss ‘em off. If you don’t, you’re another robot. If you stop, they’ll just say you quit. If you don’t, you might lose your shit.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment